This is an ongoing series of posts reviewing my week’s worth of exercise and fitness activities and looking forward to the week ahead. Hopefully it’ll keep be accountable for my fitness goals.
- Tuesday –
RanTried to run on treadmill. It didn’t go well, not at all. I’d eaten dinner before-hand and had some stomach issues.
- Saturday – Ran the Wrightsville Beach Museum Jingle Bell Run 5K – Details in the race post, but the TL;DR version is: The run was awesome, the race was low-key and a ton of fun and we’ll be running it again next year.
- Tuesday –
- You can see the details of what I ate at my MyFitnessPal food diary.
- In summary, I ate too much. We really cut back on the eating out, but I still need to work on portion size when we eat at home.
- Beginning of week – 189.5 lbs, body fat 30.5% on Monday, December 10th.
- End of week – 191 lbs, body fat 30% on Monday, December 17th
The week ahead:
- I start week 1 of a 12 week half marathon training plan today with a rest day. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday will be 3-mile days and Sunday is 4-mile long run. Tuesday and Thursday’s runs will be with the Asphalt Junkies Running Club. This is a “soft start”…I’ll be running week 1 of the plan for two weeks and the actual start is December 31st. This will set me up as completing the training plan on March 24th (NC Half Marathon!)
- On the off-running days, I’ll be heading to the gym for classes (Bodypump on Mondays, On Demand on Fridays?) or some sort of non-cardio exercising.
- My goals for the week:
- Five days under my caloric limit (1680 daily) without counting exercise as extra food.
- Complete the three week-day runs and the Sunday long run.
It’s been a good week for me. How was yours?