This is an ongoing series of posts reviewing my week’s worth of exercise and fitness activities.
- I ran bits of week 4 of the 12-week half-marathon training plan I’m using to get ready for the NC Half Marathon in March.
- The running was bad this week. I could make all kinds of excuses about Betty (the Garmin FR 610) freaking out on Wednesday’s run or Ann Marie being sick on Thursday or it being just too cold, but I won’t. I didn’t run all 5 miles of Wednesday’s workout because I was cold and lazy. I didn’t run at all Thursday or Sunday because I was lazy. Saturday’s 4 miles went by pretty slowly on the treadmill, but it was a good run.
- This wasn’t a great week for food and my weigh-ins were proof. We ate out too much, especially Wednesday and Thursday when Ann Marie started to feel pretty bad.
- Beginning of week – 185.5 lbs, 29% body fat
- End of week – 185 lbs, 29.5% body fat
- The week ahead:
- Running: I’m starting week 5 of the half-marathon training. There’s a 7 mile long slow run on Sunday. I am definitely intimidated by it.
- General Exercise:
- Yoga. Really. I’m going to keep listing it until I really do start going. I have it on my calendar for Tuesday. That means getting up early Tuesday to run and going to the class at Onslow Fitness in the evening.
- I need to figure out a solid strength training routine. Nothing too crazy, but something to add a bit of muscle and tone up the fat. I’m going to check out the personal training options at the gym. Cost is a factor, but maybe two days a week for 6 weeks won’t be crazy expensive?
It’s been an off few days for me. Not horrible, but not far from it.
Here’s a question for you: I have a fancy iPhone 4 with a fancy video camera and fancy video editing software. Would y’all be interested in video updates? What about fancy charts from my spreadsheet? What other bits of information would you like?
How was your week?