This is an ongoing series of posts reviewing my week’s worth of exercise and fitness activities.
- I ran week 1 of the 12-week half-marathon training plan I’m using to get ready for the NC Half Marathon in March. For real, this time.
- The running is going pretty great. Between treadmill and the Asphalt Junkies, I’ve gotten every run done, even on the cold days I didn’t want to run. This is a pretty big deal for me. I haven’t enjoyed running this much in … Ever, really. Not even high school.
- I’ve built a spreadsheet to track and chart miles and plans and whatnot. It’s on Google Docs, so sharing would be easy. If you want to check it out, let me know. I may use some of the charts in future posts (the data is thin at the moment). I’m also looking at Runkeeper‘s “Elite” and DailyMile‘s “Pro” services. They have canned solutions to detailed statistical analysis. There’s also Garmin’s Connect service…But that’s a different post (that’s called “foreshadowing”). In fact, all of this is a different post…
- This week was ok on food. We ate out a couple times, but nothing too crazy and I did a mostly great (patting myself on the back a bit!) job of self-control, especially when one of the Marines brought donuts to the office on Thursday (I had one jelly-filled munchkin). Friday was definitely a bad day. I was fine until we left Jacksonville to pick up Mini at swim practice in Wilmington. On the way, we had Taco Bell and on the way back we had KFC. Neither is the healthiest choice, but together they’re the Voltron of bad food decisions.
- Beginning of week – 189 lbs, 29.5% body fat
- End of week – 185.5 lbs, 29% body fat
- The week ahead:
- Running: I’m starting week 2 of the half-marathon training.
- General Exercise:
- Yoga. Really. I’m going to keep listing it until I really do start going. I get a “bye” for the last few weeks as they’ve not held the class due to the holidays, but I’ve got to figure a way in there.
- I need to figure out a solid strength training routine. Nothing too crazy, but something to add a bit of muscle and tone up the fat. Mostly arm, back and core related, I’d think? Does anyone have suggestions?
It’s been a good week for me. How was your week?