This is an ongoing series of posts reviewing my week’s worth of exercise and fitness activities.
- Week 5 of the 12-week half-marathon training plan I’m using to get ready for the NC Half Marathon in March was scheduled. I didn’t run all of it…Or most of it.
- It was a bad week. I was ill, it was cold outside and it ended badly for all kinds of reasons. I ran Tuesday and Wednesday, but Thursday’s and Saturday’s runs were skipped and Sunday’s run was a bust at 2.6 miles of 7.
- We ate out way too much. Fortunately, we’ll no longer be able to afford eating out, so that won’t be much of a problem going forward.
- Beginning of week – 185.5 lbs, 29% body fat
- End of week – 185 lbs, 28.5% body fat
- The week ahead:
- Running: I’m starting week 6 of the half-marathon training.
- General Exercise:
- Yoga. Really. I’m going to keep listing it until I really do start going. I get a “bye” for the last few weeks as they’ve not held the class due to the holidays, but I’ve got to figure a way in there.
- I need to figure out a solid strength training routine. Nothing too crazy, but something to add a bit of muscle and tone up the fat. Mostly arm, back and core related, I’d think? Does anyone have suggestions?
It’s been a good week for me. How was your week?